Yo! My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://davielife.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I have never been more proud of my BSU diploma!


What are the odds that I would read about my beloved alma mater on Apple's website? I used to work in that "Super Computer Lab" they talk about in the article. I was working there when we got the new Apple Quadra 700's with 8MB or RAM! I have more RAM on my cell phone.

I like to think I was instrumental in pushing the envelope at the lab, and just maybe some of my curiosity rubbed off. I was the first to export DXF files from Autocad to Strata much to the amazement of my professors and disgust of my classmates.

Modeled in Autocad - rendered in StrataVision
1991

I still remember creating that bike, saving it to a floppy disk, walking it over to the Macintosh and importing it. It Worked!

I miss the excitement of discovery. Most days the most excitement I get around here is not hitting traffic on the way home.

Of course all that was eons ago, over 15 years! In any case, it is good to see that BSU is still leading the way in creative thinking.

Go Beavers!

2 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

As you well know, I am totally fond of BSU! Go, BEAVERS!

Anonymous said...

You are still way ahead of your time! You never cease to amaze me with the stuff you come up with--My creative husband!